Sunday, July 21, 2013

Hi

Hi there everyone and welcome to my new blog that's about my little sewing room projects. Warning: Some of these projects can become large! LOL So... to get started:

My name's Ruth. I'm 14 years old and I've been homeschooled my whole life. I love sewing, taking care of horses, dogs, and other animals. I also enjoy playing guitar.... But anyway, here are some pictures from a mock-up of a wool dress I'm going to be making. First though, I would like to show the wool pattern, and the original dress that is my inspiration.


Aren't those sleeves lovely? They have a large cuff that is folded back on them. The detail on her bodice is called 'brettelles'. This dress I believe, is actually made of silk, but I will be doing basically the same thing in wool.

Here's my wool! I'm so excited, as this is the first non-cotton, period correct material I have ever gotten. It's on its way right now!


This is nothing like the original's material, but I'm still doing the same style.

So, that is the inspiration and the material. Here is the trouble I am having with my darts. :( I'm going to be posting these on a forum I am a member on. www.thesewingacademy.org  I will post the results of how to fix these problem I'm having.

See all those wrinkles? I can't figure out how to fix it.

This 'loop' is really irritating me.

Look in the right by the armscye. There's the loop. See, this pic was taken through a mirror, and the one before wasn't! :D

Here's the right side where I tried a different direction for the dart to go in. There's still something wrong. It loops!


Another shot of the right side's loop. This dart is badly place anyway. I'll have to fix it. I've made this mock-up, precisely that way this sort of thing won't happen with the fashion fabric! Am I ever glad I did!

So those are the pictures of what a terrible predicament I'm in! I hope someone can fix it for me! Otherwise I may have to choose a different inspiration! o.o So I hope you enjoy my new blog! xD

No comments:

Post a Comment